The 2022 year was monumental in many ways for ESG, punctuated by loosened COVID-19 restrictions, war, energy insecurity, soaring inflation and natural disasters. The Q+P team tackled several issues, including mandatory sustainability reporting standards, net-zero commitments and associated transition plans, as well as biodiversity to help discern the implications for capital market.
Here are the top insights from the Q+P team:
- ISSB’s new sustainability standards
- Net-zero vs. carbon neutrality
- Driving change with impact investing
- Net-zero transition plans for financial institutions
- 2022 GIIN investor forum takeaways
- COP15 and its impact on nature
We anticipate 2023 being an equally important watershed year. Stay tuned for our thoughts about financed emissions, mandatory disclosure trends, sustainable debt products, impact investing and more as we continue helping North American leaders to make progress for people and planet in this decisive decade.