If you would like to help companies and investors become more sustainable, Quinn+Partners is the firm for you. Our team is comprised of smart, hardworking, down-to-earth people who are passionate about business. Our team gains exposure to a wide variety of projects, top-tier clients and work with leaders who are accessible, supportive and committed to their growth.
We are looking for a Summer Associate to join our team in Toronto from May 6 to August 9, 2024. This role is based in our Toronto office.
If you love a challenge, thrive in team settings and care deeply about making a positive impact, we want to hear from you.
Quinn+Partners is a management consultancy specializing in corporate sustainability, sustainable finance, climate change and responsible investment. Founded in 2013 and now with over 40 employees in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal, we aspire to be our clients’ trusted advisor in all matters relating to ESG and corporate sustainability. We have been recognized by The Globe & Mail Report on Business’ Canada’s Top Growing Companies for three years in a row and we are a certified B Corp and Great Place to Work®.
We work with organizations to design and execute leadership strategies to strengthen our clients’ position with customers, investors, employees and industry stakeholders. With our support, organizations identify business opportunities, manage risks, enhance their reputation, realize efficiencies, and ultimately create more resilient, future-oriented businesses.
What we do
Quinn+Partners supports companies and investors to embed sustainability practices into their businesses and navigate the transition to an inclusive, low-carbon economy. We combine our subject-matter expertise and technical skill with a strong command of how organizational change happens and how sustainability drives stakeholder priorities and preferences. We help companies and investors develop sustainability strategies, implement programs and measure and report on progress.
Our company culture means everything to us. Since our inception, we’ve worked hard at creating a company culture that aligns with our values. Our culture is crucial for many reasons: it’s the foundation for employee experience; determines how we do our work; is the glue that holds us together; gives us a sense of belonging; guides what’s acceptable behaviour and what’s not; and is integral for fostering new ideas. See our website for more information on our culture and coaching and mentorship.
Making your mark
This is a great opportunity for those looking to apply and refine their consulting skills, including stakeholder management, advisory and project management. You will grow your network of sustainability professionals within and outside of the firm. Above all else, you will immerse yourself in the culture of a boutique consulting firm, which includes a strong appreciation and commitment towards diversity, equity and inclusion, as demonstrated through our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
To be successful, our ideal Summer Associate demonstrates the following attributes:
- Knowledge: You have a relevant academic and professional background in business, finance, sustainability, engineering or policy. Environmental or sustainability courses, certificates and experience are an asset e.g. SASB FSA, GRI, GHG Protocol.
- Curiosity: You stay on top of trends, read business news, are interested in new sustainability concepts and solutions, know what global leaders are doing, and you ask brilliant questions.
- Drive: You are tenacious and challenge excites you. You can prioritize and advance multiple projects, are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, undaunted by ambiguity and take pride in mastering new things.
- Discipline: You are goal-oriented and have experience striving for something and following through. You break reasoning down and move through a process logically and methodically. You understand the value of hard work and take pride in accomplishment, recognizing that the journey matters just as much as the result.
- Communication: You can articulate complex ideas to audiences ranging from executives to the general public. You are clear, concise and adept in all forms of communication e.g. written, verbal, presentation, e-mail. Additional languages are an asset.
- Diversity: You contribute your unique thoughts, opinions, background and experiences to enriching our team and the advice we provide to our clients. You show up authentically and empowered.
- Team player: You work well with others, including team members and clients. You recognize and embrace the value of cohesive teamwork. You strive to understand other viewpoints and are intrinsically motivated to help.
- Coachable: You exhibit a growth mindset in everything you do. You are committed to continuous improvement and will do what it takes to be excellent. You are open and receptive to feedback and view it as a gift. You strive to be better than you were yesterday.
- Passion: You are passionate about corporate sustainability, responsible investing and climate change, and you would like to build a long-term career with us supporting businesses and investors to embed sustainability in their business models.
What you bring to the team
- Currently pursuing or completion of post secondary education in sustainability, engineering, business, policy or a related field
- A demonstrated interest in sustainability either through academic courses, work or volunteer experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, capable of navigating and managing large data sets
- Drive and motivation to go the extra mile and take pride in doing excellent work
- Exceptional time management and organizational skill to set priorities and meet timelines independently, while contributing to a collaborative team effort
- Fluently bilingual in English and French is a strong asset
If you feel you would be a good candidate but do not possess any of the qualifications above, feel free to connect with us at email@example.com for clarification or more information.
Our recruitment process
Our recruitment process is designed to give candidates a holistic view of the role, the firm and our team by interacting with key decision makers at Quinn+Partners.
- Complete our application form by January 21, 2024 at 11:59 PM ET, which includes submission of the following:
- Cover letter describing how your experience and values align with 2 attributes listed above (e.g., communication, diversity), alongside your interest in the firm
- Academic transcript(s)
- Optional completion of our Equity, Diversity + Inclusion Self-Identification Questionnaire
- 30-minute initial call with our People + Culture Business Partner
- A two-part, 90-minute interview with senior members of our team. Depending on candidate availability, this may be in-person or virtual
- A conversational interview to review your experience in greater detail (45 minutes)
- A case interview to gain a better understanding of your approach to problem solving (45 minutes)
- Complete a take-home, quantitative analytical exercise to demonstrate your Excel analysis skills (2 hours)
- Receive an offer that is conditional upon reference checks
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. If you are not able to provide some of the above documentation or are not currently eligible to work in Canada, please explain in your application, otherwise you may not be considered.
Quinn+Partners is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to pursue fairness and equity and minimize conscious and unconscious bias in our hiring practices. We are committed to growing a team with diverse backgrounds and experiences. If you require or would like any accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know in your cover letter.
We will review applications as they are received but may not respond right away. We appreciate your patience as well as the time and consideration you put into completing your application.
We look forward to hearing from you!