Quinn+Partners is looking for a People + Culture Leader
Do you get excited planning culture initiatives, and making a high impact through implementing new people programs? Are you interested in working with all employees and the leadership team to elevate the employee experience? Are you looking for a company that provides purpose, is fast paced and wants to do good in the world? If so, we want to hear from you.
Who are you?
You are an HR leader with 5 to 7 years progressive experience in developing, implementing and strengthening people programs in fast-growing companies. You’ve worked in fast-paced environments and can pivot from big-picture thinking to day-to-day deliverables. In this role, you will be collaborating with the leadership team to ensure we hire and retain the best talent and provide an amazing work experience, while optimizing opportunities for career growth and improving what makes people excited about work here. You love to make a difference – we will be exploring, evaluating and implementing original and innovative approaches to recruitment, engagement and retention. As our first dedicated People + Culture Leader at Q+P, you love breaking new ground; you follow the latest HR trends and are excited to drive forward, rather than settle for the status quo. While you are respectful of current practices, you fearlessly strive to develop new ideas which will bring better results. You are excited about sustainability – just like we are! Does this sound like you? Read on!
Who are we?
Quinn+Partners is a leading management consultancy specializing in corporate sustainability, responsible investment, climate and impact. We are B-Corporation Certified, and we walk the talk – we are in business to create positive returns for shareholders, employees, clients, the environment, our local communities and society at large. Ranked as one of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies, with a strong brand in customer and talent markets, we are creating a new role to deliver on our strategy pillar to build fulfilling careers.
Our Head Office is located in Toronto, and we also have offices in Vancouver and Montreal. We are almost 40 employees strong, with plans for rapid growth in the next few years.
What sets Quinn+Partners apart from our competitors is our attitude and approach. We care about everything we do, and it shows. We are agile, provide access to leadership everyday and approach our projects and client interactions with passion and purpose. We celebrate each other successes and care for each other – that’s just a small part of what makes us recognized as a Great Place to Work. Once you join us, it won’t take long to figure out why your colleagues like it so much here.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for designing, implementing and improving all key people processes to support our business. The role also supports our talent needs, EDI and culture action plans, as well as helping us maintain a healthy, positive and inclusive company culture. You will work together with employees who are focused on making the right decisions and helping the business to make positive change.
- Reach and attract the most qualified people by improving our on-campus brand and employee value proposition.
- Acquire the right people to allow our company to grow. This includes workforce planning, coordinating skills and professional development opportunities, leading our recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Strengthen our people engagement and workplace initiatives to continue to build our distinct culture, enforce our values and workplace experience.
- Design and regularly measure employee engagement and EDI.
- Manage performance management processes and ensure everyone has equal access to development opportunities and career plans. Manage exit interviews.
- Oversee and improve our leading benefits and employee wellness programs.
- Support remuneration, rewards and promotion processes.
- Ensure EDI is reflected in all people practices and programs.
- Support project resourcing to ensure we have the right consultants on the right projects.
- Seek out and manage professional growth and development programs.
- Provide expertise on labour standards and employer regulations.
What type of experience do you have?
Here are just a few of the qualifications that consider to be very important for this role. We can cover the rest when we chat.
- Human resources generalist with 5 – 7 years progressive experience in developing, implementing and strengthening people programs in fast growing companies.
- Certifications and designations (CHRP / CHRL).
- Experience with on-campus recruitment and digital channel recruiting.
- Leading compensation programs such as annual renumeration, rewards, promotion processes etc.
- Innovative and creative thinker willing to explore and experiment to advance learning.
- Demonstrated ability to hold brave conversations about EDI.
- Knowledge of best practices in employee engagement and wellbeing and performance management in professional services, management consulting companies are a bonus.
- Confident advisor, yet open-minded and collaborative, who builds positive working relationships
- Attentive listener with emotional intelligence and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of all relevant workplace legislation.
- Familiarity with leadership coaching fundamentals is an asset.
When you come in to meet us, we want to hear about your experience with leading people programs, being the go-to HR person for a younger workforce in a fast-paced company as well leading multi-year projects, your attention to detail and about your approach to inspiring people.
Thanks for reading all the way through! We can’t wait to meet you.
How to Apply
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Complete our equity, diversity, and inclusion self-identification questionnaire (optional)
- Note that as a part of the recruitment process, we may ask you to do an aptitude test, ask for references, and do a background check
Quinn+Partners is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to pursue fairness and equity and minimize conscious and unconscious bias in our hiring practices. We are committed to growing a team with diverse backgrounds and experiences. If you require or would like any accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know in your cover letter.
We will review applications as they are received but may not respond right away. We appreciate your patience.