About this Role
Quinn+Partners is a leading management consultancy specializing in corporate sustainability, responsible investment, climate, and impact. Ranked as one of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies, with a strong brand in customer and talent markets, we are creating a new role to deliver on our strategy pillar to build fulfilling careers.
The Head of People advises and collaborates with the Leadership Team to ensure we have the best possible talent and work experience in our purpose-driven company, optimizing career paths for everyone and improving what makes people excited about working here.
The position is a great opportunity for an experienced people manager to make a personal mark and get insights into sustainability – the most exciting area of business. We offer you competitive pay, a unique culture, and a high-performing team that listens and is open to try new things.
The Head of People participates in leadership meetings and reports to the President and CEO of Quinn+Partners.
How You Will Contribute
Head of People is responsible for designing, implementing, and improving all key people processes to support our vision, mission, and values, with a majority of work focused on our consulting staff. The role also supports the Leadership Team to deliver our talent needs, EDI, and culture action plans, as well as to support a healthy, positive, and inclusive company culture. You will have key accountabilities that align with the following responsibilities:
- Reach and attract the most qualified people by improving our on-campus brand and employee value proposition
- Acquire the right people to allow our company to grow. This includes workforce planning and corporate leadership and running our recruitment and onboarding processes
- Strengthen our people engagement and workplace initiatives to continue to build our distinct culture, enforce our values and workplace experience
- Design and regularly measure employee engagement and EDI
- Manage performance management processes and ensure everyone has equal access to development opportunities and career plans. Manage exit interviews.
- Manage and improve our leading benefits and employee wellness programs
- Support remuneration, rewards, and promotion processes
- Ensure EDI is reflected in all people practices and programs
- Support project resourcing so that we have the right consultants on the right projects given people desires and client
- Seek out and manage professional growth and development programs
- Be an expert on anything related to labour standards and employer regulations
Depending on background and interest, the role can also include:
- Manage initiatives to strengthen organizational systems and leadership skills
- Support how we capture and codify intellectual capital to facilitate learning and sharing of best practices
We seek a proactive, self-directed people leader who understands management consulting. You may already have a similar role in a business consultancy or a professional services firm, but you seek an opportunity to lead and innovate in a time when talent acquisition and retention has never been more important. You could also be a management consultant who is very interested in leading people processes. We believe the following experience and expertise are important:
- Human resources generalist with 7-10 years progressive experience in developing, implementing, and strengthening people programs in fast growing companies
- Certifications and designations such as CHRP / CHRL
- Knowledge of best practices in employee engagement and wellbeing, EDI, and performance management in professional services
- Experience in university and digital channel recruiting
- Innovative and creative thinker willing to explore and experiment to advance learning
- Confident advisor, yet open-minded and collaborative, who builds positive working relationships
- Attentive listener with emotional intelligence and excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to hold brave conversations about EDI
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of all relevant workplace legislation
- Familiarity with leadership coaching fundamentals is an asset
What You Can Expect
- The successful candidate will have a role on the company Leadership Team and will be located in our Toronto office, where the majority of our employees are
- Compensation is competitive with the market and based on experience ($100,000 – $120,000). It consists of base salary and a bonus tied to our company’s success. We offer 25 paid days off each year, Equinox gym membership/Presto transit pass and a competitive benefits package (dental, drug, extended health, vision)
- People-oriented policies address flexible work arrangements, conference attendance, and parental leave
- An appreciation for diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe when people feel valued, respected, and included they are able to achieve their full potential, be more productive, and feel successful and fulfilled.
How to Apply
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Complete our equity, diversity, and inclusion self-identification questionnaire (optional)
- Note that as a part of the recruitment process, we may ask you to do an aptitude test, ask for references, and do a background check
Quinn+Partners is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to pursue fairness and equity and minimize conscious and unconscious bias in our hiring practices. We are committed to growing a team with diverse backgrounds and experiences. If you require or would like any accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know in your cover letter.
We will review applications as they are received but may not respond right away. We appreciate your patience.
We look forward to hearing from you!