About this Role
Consultants play a key role in delivering services to our clients while managing their team. They are the point guard of the consulting team—structuring the team’s research and ensuring everyone collaborates effectively. Consultants are doers, too: they don’t just oversee qualitative and quantitative analyses, they dive into it themselves, taking their subject-matter expertise to the new levels. Consultants are also involved on the business side, monitoring team productivity, tracking project budgets, and helping with invoicing. They liaise with clients regularly and are constantly on the look-out for new opportunities for our clients.
In this role, you will support our growing climate practice area. You will deliver strategies and solutions to help our expansive list of global clients address the most pressing global challenge, contribute deep expertise and thought leadership to our inspired and knowledgeable team, and expand our advisory mandates with existing and new clients.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified consultant and climate change expert to support and expand our climate services platform. Specifically, you will:
- Support development and execution of projects focused on:
- Greenhouse gas measurement and modeling, abatement planning, net-zero and Science Based Target setting, and developing implementation plans to achieve targets for corporate footprints and financed emissions
- Climate risk and opportunity assessment (policy, market, technology, physical climate risk), scenario and financial impact analysis related to climate change risk and opportunities
- Climate strategy and implementation plan development, including integration into corporate strategy and enterprise risk
- Climate reporting, applying TCFD recommendations
- Develop and maintain Quinn+Partners knowledge base of climate data sources, standards, regulations and best practices, including:
- Climate scenarios and associated impact data
- Sectoral/industry decarbonization pathways, projections and thresholds (e.g., transition pathway initiative, SBTi, EU Taxonomy, CRREM, NZBA, NZAM)
- Sector climate guidance and reports detailing how various industries will be impacted by climate, what they need to do to transition and associated abatement measures and costs (e.g., McKinsey industry marginal cost abatement curves)
- Climate standards, including target setting standards, transition alignment (e.g. Climate Bond Initiative)
- Regulations and regulatory trends (e.g., carbon pricing, technology phase-out requirements, climate disclosure requirements)
- External climate experts, think tanks, data providers and other resources
- Coordinate with service, business development and client leads to craft and scope service offerings to help our clients effectively address the climate imperative in their businesses
- Develop and refine climate service delivery tools (e.g., emission and abatement models, risk and opportunity assessment frameworks)
- Support the development of climate competencies of team members, build awareness and delivery capabilities
- Monitor market, policy and industry trends related to climate change mitigation and adaptation
We are looking for:
- 3-7+ years of professional experience including experience in consulting, investor or corporate climate change management roles
- Extensive background in greenhouse gas emission quantification, modelling of abatement opportunities, evaluating decarbonization pathways and setting and executing Science-Based Targets
- Experience developing and analysing climate change risk assessments, including the use of scenarios and projections, and designing frameworks to communicate climate risks and opportunities to executive audiences
- Experience developing and implementing climate strategies and disclosure for organizations
- Deep understanding of climate data, scenarios, projections and transition pathways, such as IPCC and IEA
- Advanced knowledge of greenhouse gas accounting (GHG Protocol and PCAF), emission abatement strategies and technologies, sectoral decarbonization pathways, and associated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Application of TCFD’s recommendations
- Understanding of major climate policy and regulatory developments, in Canada and beyond, such as carbon pricing mechanisms, sector specific regulatory obligations and corporate and investor disclosure requirements
- Strong familiarity with corporate sustainability, sustainable finance, climate change and ESG integration investment approaches with the ability to advise clients on these topics from day one
- Preferably, but not required, you are bilingual in French and can deliver work comfortably in both languages
What You Can Expect
- The successful candidate can expect to join an entrepreneurial team, where a healthy attitude toward learning and asking questions will be rewarded with exceptional development opportunities and invaluable experience
- Compensation is above market and based on experience and track record. It consists of base salary and a bonus tied to our company’s success. We offer 20 paid days off each year, Equinox gym membership/Presto transit pass and a competitive benefits package (dental, drug, extended health, vision). We are employee owned and team members that demonstrate a desire to build the company have the opportunity to acquire shares through employee stock option compensation plan
- People-oriented policies address hybrid work arrangements, training and conference allowances, equity, diversity and inclusion policy and programs, and parental leave
- An appreciation for equity, diversity and inclusion. We believe when people feel valued, respected and included, they are able to achieve their full potential, be more productive, and feel successful and fulfilled. Diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and voices enhance our ability to learn, grow, develop, innovate and contribute richer, more excellent advice for the betterment of our clients and society at large.
- The majority of our team is based in Toronto, and we have team members located in Montreal and Vancouver. We would be delighted to consider the right candidate who is based elsewhere in Canada. Our clients are mostly in North America and most work is virtual with minimal travel to client site
- We have a hybrid work policy and are updating it to reflect post-COVID realities, but expect local employees to work in-person at our office to contribute to culture and team
How to Apply
Please apply to email@example.com with:
- Cover letter (one page) – please indicate your availability to start in your cover letter
- Curriculum vitae (two pages)
- Academic transcripts
- Contact details for two references, preferably from previous managers (these can be provided upon advancing to the interview round – reference letters not required)
- Optional: complete our Self-identification Questionnaire
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. If you are not able to provide some of the above documentation or are not currently eligible to work in Canada, please explain in your application, otherwise you may not be considered.
Quinn+Partners is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to pursue fairness and equity, and minimize conscious and unconscious bias in our hiring practices. We are committed to growing a team with diverse backgrounds and experiences. If you require or would like any accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know in your cover letter.
We will review applications as they are received but may not respond right away. We appreciate your patience. We look forward to hearing from you!