We are looking for an Analyst to join our team in Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver, beginning January 2024 or July 2024.
If you would like to help companies and investors become more sustainable, Quinn+Partners is the firm for you. Our team is comprised of smart, hardworking, down-to-earth people who are passionate about business. Our consultants gain exposure to a wide variety of projects, top-tier clients and work with leaders who are accessible, supportive and committed to their growth.
The successful candidate will work in the office for the first six months as part of their onboarding and development, after which they will be able to work in a hybrid arrangement.
If you love a challenge, thrive in team settings and care deeply about making a positive impact, let’s start a conversation.
Quinn+Partners is a management consultancy specializing in corporate sustainability, sustainable finance, climate change and responsible investment. Founded in 2013 and now with over 40 employees in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal, we aspire to be our clients’ trusted advisor in all matters relating to ESG and corporate sustainability. We have been recognized by The Globe & Mail Report on Business’ Canada’s Top Growing Companies for two years in a row and we are a certified B Corp and Great Place to Work®.
We work with organizations to design and execute leadership strategies to strengthen our clients’ position with customers, investors, employees and industry stakeholders. With our support, organizations identify business opportunities, manage risks, enhance their reputation, realize efficiencies, and ultimately create more resilient, future-oriented businesses.
What we do
Quinn+Partners supports companies and investors to embed sustainability practices into their businesses and navigate the transition to an inclusive, low-carbon economy. We combine our subject-matter expertise and technical skill with a strong command of how organizational change happens and how sustainability drives stakeholder priorities and preferences. We help companies and investors develop sustainability strategies, implement programs and measure and report on progress.
Our company culture means everything to us. Since our inception, we’ve worked hard at creating a company culture that aligns with our values. Our culture is crucial for many reasons: it’s the foundation for employee experience; determines how we do our work; is the glue that holds us together; gives us a sense of belonging; guides what’s acceptable behaviour and what’s not; and is integral for fostering new ideas. See our website for more information on our culture and coaching and mentorship.
Making your mark
Analysts are individuals on the first or second leg of their career journey. They play an integral role on our consulting projects by providing research and analysis, client-ready documents and presentations for team projects. Importantly, we don’t hide our analysts in a back room. This is a client-facing role with lots of liaising with clients regarding project work. This is the ideal introduction to ESG consulting: the tasks are rewarding, the learning curve is steep and ample mentorship is provided every step of the way.
To be successful, our ideal Analyst demonstrates the following attributes:
- Knowledge: You have relevant academic and professional background in business, finance, sustainability, engineering or policy. Environmental or sustainability courses, certificates and experience are an asset (e.g., SASB FSA, GRI, GHG Protocol).
- Curiosity: You stay on top of trends, read business news, are interested in new sustainability concepts and solutions, know what global leaders are doing, and you ask brilliant questions.
- Drive: You are tenacious and challenges excite you. You can prioritize and advance multiple projects, are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, undaunted by ambiguity and take pride in mastering new things.
- Discipline: You are goal-oriented and have experience striving for something and following through. You break reasoning down and move through a process logically and methodically. You understand the value of hard work and take pride in accomplishment, recognizing that the journey matters just as much as the result.
- Communication: You can articulate complex ideas to audiences ranging from executives to the general public. You are clear, concise and adept in all forms of communication (e.g., written, verbal, presentation, e-mail). Additional languages are an asset.
- Diversity: You contribute your unique thoughts, opinions, background and experiences to enriching our team and the advice we provide to our clients. You show up authentically and empowered.
- Team player: You work well with others, including team members and clients. You recognize and embrace the value of cohesive teamwork. You strive to understand other viewpoints and are intrinsically motivated to help.
- Coachable: You exhibit a growth mindset in everything you do. You are committed to continuous improvement and will do what it takes to be excellent. You are open and receptive to feedback and view it as a gift. You strive to be better than you were yesterday.
- Passion: You are passionate about corporate sustainability, responsible investing and climate change, and you would like to build a long-term career with us supporting businesses and investors to embed sustainability in their business models.
What you bring to the team
- Post secondary education in sustainability, engineering, business or a related field
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel with strong quantitative analysis skills
- Ability to quickly distill information into insights and turn this into polished, client-ready deliverables
- Drive and motivation to go the extra mile and take pride in doing excellent work
- Exceptional time management and organizational skill to set priorities and meet timelines independently, while contributing to a collaborative team effort
- Strong academic record
- Fluently bilingual in English and French is a strong asset
If you feel you would be a good candidate but do not possess any of the qualifications above, feel free to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification or more information.
Read the job description in French.
What we offer
- Our compensation is competitive within the market and is determined by your level of experience. It includes a base salary along with a discretionary bonus linked to the company’s performance and success
- 100% employer paid comprehensive medical and dental coverage on day one
- 15 days of paid time off, 5 paid personal days and a December holiday office closure
- $1,500 annual conference and training budget to support your professional development goals
- Hybrid work policy after six months of employment
- A monthly lifestyle stipend to offset your monthly public commute costs or health club membership
- Support for parents through our parental leave top-up program and part time accommodation
- A strong appreciation and commitment towards diversity, equity and inclusion, as demonstrated through our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- An entrepreneurial firm that is employee-owned
Our recruitment process
Our recruitment process is designed to give candidates a holistic view of the role, the firm and our team by interacting with key decision makers at Quinn+Partners.
- Complete our application form by September 29, 2023 at 11:59PM ET, which includes submission of the following:
- Cover letter describing how your experience and values align with 2 attributes listed above (e.g., communication, diversity), alongside your interest in the firm
- Academic transcript(s)
- Optional completion of our Equity, Diversity + Inclusion Self-Identification Questionnaire
- 30-minute initial call with our People + Culture Business Partner
- A two-part, 90-minute interview with senior members of our team. Depending on candidate availability, this may be in-person or virtual
- A conversational interview to review your experience in greater detail (45 minutes)
- A case interview to gain a better understanding of your approach to problem solving (45 minutes)
- Complete a take-home, quantitative analytical exercise to demonstrate your Excel analysis skills (2 hours)
- A final 30 – 45 minute virtual meeting with members of the Leadership team to present your findings from the quantitative analytical exercise
- Receive an offer that is conditional upon reference checks
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. If you are not able to provide some of the above documentation or are not currently eligible to work in Canada, please explain in your application, otherwise you may not be considered.
Quinn+Partners is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to pursue fairness and equity and minimize conscious and unconscious bias in our hiring practices. We are committed to growing a team with diverse backgrounds and experiences. If you require or would like any accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know in your cover letter.
We will review applications as they are received but may not respond right away. We appreciate your patience as well as the time and consideration you put into completing your application.
We look forward to hearing from you!